It’s digestion month at The Pure Life, and I’m bringing you some easy, delicious plant-based goodness, like this recipe for Cauliflower Lettuce Wrap Tacos.
Why these are better than regular tacos
Okay, okay. I didn’t mean to say better, because I do love a classic taco, but these are just as good as a classic taco. Here’s why:
- they are a great gluten-free option! The soft butter lettuce makes for a delicious wrap-style taco
- they are a great light meal option – for those nights you don’t want anything too heavy
- they are great for digestion – did you know that eating leafy greens with starchy veg is great for digestion? You will feel satisfied but not bloating after these delicious lettuce-wrap tacos
- they are messy – and messy means fun, right?
Now on to the good stuff
I’ve partnered up with Inspired Greens to bring you this recipe. I loved creating this recipe because their lettuce actually arrives living. If you saw my Instagram Stories, you’ll know I was chatting about how rad this is. The head of lettuce is purchased living, and harvested with it’s pot, with the roots attached and everything. This means more nutrients and fresher lettuce – it’s a win/win situation.
- 1 head of chopped cauliflower, or 1 small bag of pre-frozen cauliflower
- 1 tbsp. of avocado oil
- Mexican seasoning spice - I used Chili Lime Spice from Trader Joes
- 1 cup of frozen non-gmo corn
- 1 mango
- 2 kiwis
- 1/4 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 3 limes
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup of cashews, soaked for at least 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head of butter lettuce - I used Inspired Greens Butter Lettuce
- Sriracha and lime juice, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Season the cauliflower with avocado oil and spice. Roast for about 35 minutes, until crispy.
- While the cauliflower bakes, steam the corn on low heat in a small pot with 1/2 cup of water, until cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Cut the kiwi, mango and cherry tomatoes in small cubes and add to a bowl. Mix with the juice of 1 lime and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the avocado, cashews, 1 of the limes, water, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper until creamy. This is the crema for the tacos.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven, once it is ready.
- Chop off the end of the Butter Lettuce and remove each leaf. Layer a few pieces of baked cauliflower, a tbsp. of corn and a scoop of mango salsa on each lettuce leaf. Drizzle with the crema, sriracha and lime juice, to serve.
- Store the veggie leftovers (corn, cauliflower, salsa, etc.) to make a taco salad the next day.
This post was sponsored by Inspired Greens. All opinions are, as always, my own. Thank you for supporting companies that support The Pure Life!