I bring you – DETOX TOFU SCRAMBLE. 100% plant-based and ready to detox your bod’. As we enter the new year, I want to bring you guys some awesome detox-friendly recipes that are affordable, detox-friendly, filling and delicious.
This is the perfect recipe to satisfy your hibernation days (I know, I’m still pretty lazy these days too) and your detox days (let’s get healthy)! This Detox Tofu Scramble is perfect for brunch or stuffed into some sprouted bread for a breakfast sandwich – highly recommended, by the way. It’s so easy to make and a great way to switch up your breakfast routine if you’re looking for something hearty but still packed with veggies!
As I know many of you (including myself) are opting for detox – friendly (less sugar/ less nasties) recipes this January. There are a few important things that I want to point out when it comes to detoxing. These are a few of my non-negotiables that come along with a heavy “detox” diet:
- choose organic produce as often as you possibly can. I know this can be expensive, but shop local and look out for sales to get good options. In my opinion, eating more fruits and veggies in general is such a great step for anyone! Your health is worth it, so choose the best that you can do for yourself at that moment.
- when choosing tofu, like in this recipe, make sure to choose non-gmo organic tofu. Almost all non-organic tofu is GMO and heavily sprayed with pesticides, which is the exact opposite of what we want in our body!
- make sure you eat enough. This includes sufficient complex carbohydrates and fibrous veggies + grains + legumes, plant-based clean protein, healthy fats, lots of fruits + veggies and tons of water.
- hydrate. Make sure to drink 1-2 litres of water at least per day to help flush out toxins from the body.
- rest up, choose light therapeutic exercise like yoga, swimming or jogging, take lots of “me” time.
I’ve teamed up with Organic Girl again to bring you this awesome scramble. Organic Girl greens are my fav greens because they are pesticide-free, they have a fast delivery system which ensures fresh greens packed with nutrients and their packaging is 100% recyclable. The last time I did a recipe with Organic Girl, I created an awesome Vegan Stuffed Mushroom Caps recipe – which got amazing feedback – if you haven’t tried those yet, you must! This post is sponsored by Organic Girl. All opinions are, as always, my own! Thank you all so much for supporting brands that support The Pure Life.
This recipe is sooo delicious!
- grounding and comforting
- packed with protein
- hearty and satisfying
- 1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 of a small white or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- About 14oz. of firm organic tofu - not soft or medium tofu, it will not have the same texture
- 2 handfuls of Organic Girl Super Spinach! (mix contains baby spinach, sweet baby kale and baby bok choy)
- 1 large handful of chopped organic kale
- 1 large handful of chopped organic rainbow chard
- Himalayan salt and black pepper, to taste
- Organic ketchup, to serve
- Optional veggies to add in: chopped zucchini, tomatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms, etc.
- In a pan on medium heat, heat the olive oil, onion and turmeric until translucent.
- Drain the tofu from the water in the packaging and press firmly with a hand towel or paper towel until all of the moisture is gone. Crumble to tofu into the pan and sauté with the onion.
- Next, add the greens and sauté for another 5 minutes or so. Here you can add any other veggies you wish to add.
- Once nicely combined and its smelling delish, turn off heat and remove from stove.
- Serve warm with gluten-free or sprouted wheat toast and organic ketchup.