The Glowing Skin Smoothie. Think – an internal spa treatment for your skin.
As I sit in my hotel room in Austria, looking out at the snow, I am missing home. But really, I just miss my blender. I honestly couldn’t be more excited to go home and whip up a good smoothie. The hotel food here is great, and travelling healthily and plant-based has been absolutely no problem at all – the hotel here has even prepared a vegan menu for me all week, as food is included in our stay. I am absolutely blown away! Still, I could really use a smoothie right now.
This Glowing Skin Smoothie is:
- makes your skin glow
- packed with Vitamin C, which can help with anti-aging and the repairing of skin cells
- packed with healthy fats
- a great snack or breakfast smoothie
Carrots contain beta-carotene (it’s what gives them their beautiful orange colour!), which makes them have super antioxidant powers and protects your skin from UV rays. Healthy fats, like the almond milk in this recipe, are also super important when it comes to healthy skin, giving it that glow, and have anti-inflammatory properties which keep your skin smooth and free of irritation and redness. Ginger is a natural anti-bacterial food, so is great to consume if you’re struggling with acne like I do.
This smoothie is the perfect blend of pineapple, carrot, banana, ginger and almond milk. I love adding the maca powder for extra sweetness and hormone balancing, but you can also substitute this for maple syrup if you’d like. The granola I made using this old favourite recipe.
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup of frozen pineapple
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 slice of fresh ginger
- 250ml of good quality almond milk
- A handful of ice
- optional but recommended: 1 tsp. of maca powder, or 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
- A handful of homemade granola, to top (highly recommended!)
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender until creamy.
- Serve fresh and top with granola!