Can you believe Christmas is in less than 1 week? I can’t. And I have been feeling like I’m really not prepared for it…until I made this Hot Peppermint Cocoa. I kid you not, this magical drink just tastes like Christmas and winter and all things beautiful. To all my fellow chocolate lovers, this ones for you!
This Hot Peppermint Cocoa is absolutely to die for. I used Almond Breeze almond milk for the base of this drink, making it completely plant-based and dairy-free! The almond milk makes the drink extra creamy. I also added some raw cocoa powder, which I use in its raw form for the most nutritional benefits (antioxidants, iron), maca powder for sweetness (also a hormone balancer and packed with vitamin C), blackstrap mollasses (packed with B vitamins, great for healthy skin/hair/nails), warming spices like cardamom and cinnamon to aid in digestion and help balance out blood sugar, refreshing peppermint essential oil (great for relaxation and digestion), beautifully rich Canadian maple syrup (contains natural antioxidants and minerals like zinc) and then topped with all off with Minimalist Baker’s coconut whipped cream recipe (which I highly recommend!!).
*although I may occasionally use a sponsored product in my posts, all opinions, are as always, my own.
- 500ml Almond Breeze (Unsweetened Vanilla) almond milk
- 2 heaping tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp blackstrap molasses (look for organic, raw)
- Pinch of cinnamon, cardamom and sea salt
- A few drops of pure peppermint oil, to taste (I used about 5)
- A few spoonfuls of Coconut Whipped Cream (I used Minimalist Baker's recipe up above)
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until combined, then transfer to a pot on the stove to warm. Once hot, pour into a mug and top with lots of coconut whipped cream! Enjoy warm or save the rest in a mason jar for later.