With Canadian Thanksgiving just around the corner (I’m still confused, wasn’t it JUST summer!?), my cravings are REAL. I’m a sucker for big family dinners, where there is lots of food involved. Now following a meat-free, plant-based or vegan does not mean you have to miss out on all of the delicious feast-food! I have created a very easy, affordable and quick thanksgiving dinner which you can enjoy by yourself, for 2 or with the whole family. I thought of a million different ideas to throw at you guys, but this is the quickest, easiest last-minute thanksgiving dinner idea for 1. This is what I will be enjoying this Thanksgiving!
A delicious feast of maple cinnamon brussels sprouts, mashed yams with ginger and mint, traditional cranberry sauce and a Gardein “stuffed turkey” (which tastes too real to be real!). For dessert, I’ve picked up a vegan pumpkin pie, which they are now selling at Whole Foods, and I have topped it off with coconut whipped cream. *** Drools.
For the cranberry sauce, use this recipe.
For the coconut whipped cream, use this recipe (or find it at your local grocery shop, where sold.)
This feast serves 1. How to Do an All-Vegan Thanksgiving. What you’ll need:
- 1 package Gardein Stuffed Turkey (includes gravy, but Whole Foods makes an amazing vegan mushroom gravy as well, or make your own!).
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts
- 6 fist-sized yams
- 1 cup of homemade cranberry sauce, using this recipe.
- 1 vegan pumpkin pie
- 1 can of coconut whipped cream, for the pie, optional
- A few pumpkins, for decoration
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I want to give huge thanks to all of my beautiful followers and readers of the blog. Without you, I wouldn’t be able to do what I love. Soooo much love to all of you!
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. pure canadian maple syrup
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp tamari, soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 pinch himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Wash the brussels sprouts and chop off the ends. Make the marinade by adding cinnamon, maple syrup, mustard, tamari and salt to a glass baking insert. Mix the brussels sprouts in the mixture and leave overnight in a tupperware or use right away. Throw them in the oven and bake for 30 mins, stirring halfway through. With 20 minutes left, add the Gardein Stuffed Turkey and let it warm up. Remove both from the oven once finished and serve warm.
- Mashed Yams
- 6 fist sized orange yams
- 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 pinch of himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp. dried ginger
- 1 tsp dried mint, to serve
- Wash and chop the yams. Steam the yams and mash with the rest of the ingredients. Serve warm.