The most addicting snack you will ever have!
I love making oven roasted chickpeas in my weekly meal prep. Not only are chickpeas a great source of protein and fibre, but they also pack a ton of minerals and antioxidants, making them a total #beautyfood. Try making some crispy chickpeas to top off your next salad or buddha bowl to add in some extra crunch and goodness! Or simply snack on them if you need a protein-packed boost of energy.
Try adding these chickpeas to some of my favourite recipes, or see my salad booster hacks post here to get inspired.
Oven Roasted Chickpeas
The best protein-packed salad topper!
- 2 x 15 oz. canned chickpeas
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- Himalayan salt and black, to taste
- 1 tsp. quality seasoning salt
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Step 2 Drain and rinse the canned chickpeas well.
- Step 3 Blot them dry with a paper towel or clean dish towel – this will help to make them extra crispy.
- Step 4 In a mixing bowl, coat the chickpeas with the avocado oil, salt, pepper and seasoning salt.
- Step 5 Bake for about 30-45 minutes, until crispy. Make sure to not let them burn! Remove from the oven and let them cool. Store in a glass storage container in the fridge and use on bowls and salads for up to 5 days.