This Low-Sugar Everyday Smoothie is just that:
- low in sugar – perfect for anyone trying to reduce their sugar intake, including natural fruit sugars for personal or health reasons
- a smoothie you can drink every day for awesome health benefits
- super anti-inflammatory, immune supporting + boosting, alkalizing, nutrient-dense
- contains healthy fats to promote good hormone health and beautiful skin
After travelling, I wanted to create a smoothie that I could drink every day to feel my absolute best. I wanted a smoothie that would include some daily greens, berries (antioxidants), healthy fats, as well as some immune boosting roots and herbs.
I like to think of this smoothie as a drinkable multivitamin
It’s packed with so much absorbable, nutrient-dense goodness that you could see this as your daily dose of “multivitamin”. It all started when I downloaded this app, which focuses on specific foods that Dr. Gregor recommends in his book “How Not to Die”. The app focuses on foods you should be including in your every-day diet, like berries, whole grains, cruciferous veggies and turmeric (to name a few), as well as water and exercise. It’s a really simple way to look at things and reminds us to focus on the micronutrients in food, or the therapeutics in food, versus the calories or macronutrients in a certain food. It’s a great addition to a mindful eating practice and I truly love it (this is not sponsored in any way)!
Now onto the good stuff…let’s get blending!
- 1/2 of a ripe or frozen avocado
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1.5 cups of unsweetened almond milk or filtered water
- 1 small piece of fresh turmeric root (about 1 inch long)
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger root (about 1/2 inch long)
- optional but recommended: 1 tsp. maca powder, 1 tsp. good quality spirulina
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender. Pour into 2 jars and drink up! Especially good after a workout.