Spice up your salads and buddha bowls with this nutrient-dense spice mix – herbal gamasio!
I was inspired by Mountain Rose Herbs to make this delicious mix and have been loving it on my salads, bowls, pizza and more. It’s especially delicious on asian-style dishes, like miso soup or pad thai.
“Gomasio or “gomashio” is a seasoning blend commonly sprinkled on simple rice dishes in Japan. The word means “salt and pepper,” as in someone who is handsomely graying, but also for the traditional combination of black sesame seeds and white sea salt.” – Mountain Rose Herbs. I added some nutrient-packed spices and seeds to give this a special flavour and mix.
- reduces inflammation in the body
- boosts nutrient intake and absorption
- is packed with minerals like zinc, magnesium and calcium
- 1 cup organic white sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup organic dulse flakes
- 1/8 cup organic hemp seeds
- 1/8 cup organic milk thistle seeds
- 1/8 cup flax seeds
- 2 tbsp. Himalayan pink salt
- Toast the sesame seeds by gently warming them in a pan over medium heat, tossing constantly – do not let burn.
- Remove the seeds from heat and place in a bowl to cool.
- Once the sesame seeds have cooled, toss all of the ingredients together.
- Add to a Pepper/Spice Grinder and keep on your counter to add to savoury dishes.
- Store away from heat to keep the nutrients intact.
Did you try this recipe? If so, I’d love to hear from you! Share your creations on Instagram with the hashtag #thepurelife so I can see them.
Love always, Sisley