The most delicious (and nutritious!) recipe to come to The Pure Life blog this year.
I fell in love with collard wraps at a local raw vegan eatery here in Vancouver. The obsession became even more real when Ali and I spent a weekend up at Wanderlust festival this summer in Whistler, BC. We ate these wraps for breakfast, lunch and dinner the entire weekend (only a slight exaggeration).
These wraps are amazing because:
- they are packed with raw, high-enzyme foods
- they are a great source of absorbable nutrients
- are a good source of healthy carbohydrates, protein and healthy fat (a balanced meal)
- they taste AMAZING, drenched in the lemon tahini dressing
- they are perfect for takeaway lunches
Rainbow Collard Wraps (serves 2)
- 4 large collard green leaves
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 small beet, shredded
- 1 handful alfalfa sprouts
- 1 Small red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- Take the inside of the collard leaf and add 1/4 cup of quinoa, 2 tbsp of shredded carrots, 2 tbsp shredded beets, 1 small amount of alfalfa sprouts, a few red pepper slices and a few slices of avocado – line them up in a row parallel to the collard leaf stem, in the centre.
- Wrap the collard wrap like you would a burrito. Bring in one side of the collard leaf (parallel to the stem) and wrap the contents nice and snug. Next, bring in the 2 ends (vertical from the stem) and continue to roll the wrap until it’s snug and tight. Fasten with elastic bands on both ends if you wish to pack them up for lunch.
Lemon Tahini Sauce
- 1/2 cup of raw, unsalted tahini
- 3/4 cup of filtered water
- 2 glugs of avocado or olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp tamari or coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt and black pepper
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until really creamy. Dip each roll into the dressing (it’s the best part!). Enjoy within 2 days of rolling.
Did you try this recipe? If so, I’d love to hear from you! Share your creations on Instagram with the hashtag #thepurelife so I can see them.
Love always, Sisley