Roasting vegetables has become a bi-weekly routine for me over the past few years and I just can’t get enough of it! Roasted potato wedges are a huge comfort food for me and I love adding them to any salad bowl or simply dipping them in ketchup. I love how versatile they are too, because you don’t have to bake them in any oil if you don’t want to or you can use olive oil or coconut oil. I usually mix it up but I do love a good batch with sea salt, rosemary and olive oil. I love using sweet potatoes because of their delicious taste and awesome nutritional benefits (helps with bone health, digestion, produce collagen, help boost energy levels and mood, keeps your heart healthy, skin clear and are a good source of iron, contain electrolytes and so much more!!).
A few combinations I love:
– olive oil and rosemary
– sea salt and turmeric
– steak seasoning salt and cracked pepper
– coconut oil and cinnamon
– paprika and chilli powder
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into wedges
- 2 handfuls of small white, red or golden potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- a few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Pre-heat the oven to 450F.
- Mix the potato wedges with the olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl until everything is nicely coated.
- Spread the potato wedges evenly onto a baking tray and bake for about 45 minutes to an hour, or until nicely golden and browned (each oven will be different so keep an eye on them!).
- Mix the potato wedges around at about the halfway point. This is optional but recommended.
- With 10 minutes remaining, add the rosemary sprigs.
- Take out of the oven to cool for a few minutes then serve warm alone or with organic ketchup and romaine leaves.