Pancakes just got a makeover.
This savoury chickpea zucchini pancake is the next best thing since sliced bread, for real. I love making this pancake for lunch, stuffed with my favourite toppings like avocado and fresh greens. Chickpea flour is packed with plant-based protein and fibre and will keep you satiated and energized for the day. I love the grated zucchini because it gives it a savoury flavour and hearty texture. Add your favourite spices and you’ve got yourself a delicious lunch!
This is the chickpea flour I used – it’s made with garbanzo (chickpea) beans and fava beans to give it a hearty flavour. It’s packed with goodness, giving this dish at least a whopping 14g of protein per serving and 20% of your daily recommended iron intake.
Savoury Chickpea Zucchini Pancake
A hearty, savoury and protein-packed pancake.
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose herb seasoning
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. quality all-purpose seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- Toppings: avocado, leafy greens, cherry tomatoes, red pepper slices, sauerkraut, organic ketchup, etc.
- Step 1 In a mixing bowl, add the grated zucchini, parsley and water.
- Step 2 In a separate bowl, mix the chickpea flour, baking powder, nutritional yeast and spices.
- Step 3 Mix the two together until no clumps are left.
- Step 4 In a pan on low-medium heat, add the avocado oil. Pour 1/2 of the batter into the pan and using a spoon, spread the batter so it spreads to the edges of the pan, like a crepe.
- Step 5 Cook for 2 minutes, or until golden, and then flip to the other side for another 2 minutes. Do the same for the second pancake.
- Step 6 Serve warm and fill with your favourite toppings!
Did you try this recipe? If so, I’d love to hear from you! Share your creations on Instagram with the hashtag #thepurelife so I can see them.
Disclaimer: There may be affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase from one of the links above, I may earn a small amount from your purchase at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Pure Life!
Love always, Sisley