These protein-packed bites are packed with so much goodness to make you feel amazing throughout the day! They make the perfect pre or post-workout snack and are great to stash in your purse on busy days. Spirulina contains high amounts of phytonutrients which help fight off disease and reduce acidity in the body. It’s also packed with essential vitamins and minerals specifically good for strong hair and nails, glowing skin, healthy digestion, energy and relaxation. I love incorporating superfoods like spirulina (blue-green algae) into my meals whenever I can, so I encourage you to try these, too!
Spirulina Energy Bites – makes around 20 balls
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp. spirulina
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups of medjool dates (about 20 dates), pits removed
- In a food processor, add the cashews and blend into a flour-like consistency.
- Next, add the coconut, pumpkin seeds, spirulina, chia seeds and cinnamon until nicely combined (about 30 seconds).
- Next, add the dates (make sure the pits are removed) until the mixture is fully combined.
- Make sure the food processor is unplugged. Take 1 tbsp. of the mixture at a time and roll it into balls. Set the balls in the fridge and store in a glass storage container for up to 1-2 weeks.
Did you try this recipe? If so, I’d love to hear from you! Share your creations on Instagram with the hashtag #thepurelife so I can see them.
Love always, Sisley