The perfect wintertime smoothie: The Cranberry Smoothie. I am loving this combo lately. It is so incredibly nourishing and just packed with vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and protein for an awesome day.
Creamy – real, homemade almond milk makes this smoothie absolutely dreamy. Homemade almond milk is an excellent source of healthy fats.
Sweet and Tart – fresh sweet pomegranate seeds, packed with antioxidants, and tangy cranberries packed with phytonutrients.
Refreshing after running around in the snow – just darn good.
As a SPUD ambassador, I got to use fresh, local and organic ingredients for this recipe, which were delivered straight to my door. How cool is that? They have also given you guys an awesome code to use for yourselves: use PURELIFE at checkout – you will receive $10 of your $40 order for first time SPUD users – valid until June 20th, 2017.
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 large handful of frozen cranberries
- 1 large handful of pomegranate seeds (from 1 large pomegranate)
- 1 mandarin orange, peeled
- 2 cups of good quality almond milk (homemade for extra creaminess)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. maca powder
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until creamy. Serve fresh or for tomorrows breakfast!