Where Do I Buy My Groceries?
For fresh produce, I go to my weekly Farmer’s market
- Pumpkin, Squash, Yams, Zucchini
- Bell Peppers (Red)
- Salad greens (whatever is in season)
- Beets, Potatoes, Carrots, Celery, Mushrooms
- Apples, Berries
For bulk items, I like Costco.
- Hemp & chia seeds
- Nuts (Almonds, Cashews, etc)
- Quinoa, Rice in bulk
- Gluten-free crackers or snacks
- Cans of Amy’s Organic Soup for busy, lazy nights
- Brown rice pasta, black bean noodles
- Frozen fruit/veggies (berries, mango, broccoli)
- Maple syrup, brown rice syrup, coconut sugar
For every-day items, I like My Local Organic Produce/Grocery Store.
- tropical fruit and out-of-country produce like avocados, bananas, mangoes, lemons, fresh herbs etc.
- Rice vermicelli noodles
- Garlic, onion, ginger
- Rice milk with no additives
- Seeds (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds)
For every-day staple pantry items, I like Whole Foods: Whole Foods usually has the best sale items, so I stock up on a certain item when I see it on sale. I actually save a lot of money by doing this instead of buying the same products at full price from another grocery store.
- Organic ketchup
- Coconut milk, canned organic beans and lentils
- Tomato sauce, salsa
- Peanut or almond butter
- Vegan ice cream
- Superfoods, spices
- Oats, dates