It’s summer BBQ season for all my Canadian friends and I wanted to share a new favourite of mine – tempeh kebabs! Ali loves a good kebab and bok choy is his favourite vegetable, so we paired the two to make a light dinner on the BBQ.
I love these kebabs because they are:
- super easy to prepare – no stress or fancy cooking skills required.
- a wonderful plant-based option, just marinate and throw on the BBQ like you would meat!
- A fun Asian-style twist on classic BBQ recipes.
- Easy to use as leftovers in a salad bowl for work the next day.
You may also enjoy these recipes:
Tempeh Kebabs with Bell Peppers and Bok Choy
A protein-packed, summer BBQ, gut-friendly recipe.
- 1 block organic tempeh
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 shake chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 head of bok choy
- black pepper, sea salt and olive oil
- Step 1 Chop up the tempeh into cubes.
- Step 2 In a shallow bowl, add the tamari, sesame oil, chilli flakes, coconut sugar and peanut butter and mix well. Add the tempeh and let it marinate for at least 30 mins.
- Step 3 Chop up the bell peppers and add the peppers & tempeh cubes along the skewers, alternating colours. Pour some olive oil on top of the skewers. Seperate the bok choy leaves and top with pepper, salt and sesame oil. Drizzle with olive oil. Put both foods on the BBQ.
- Step 4 The tempeh should cook about 5-6 minutes each side until thoroughly cooked. Serve the kebabs and bok choy with some avocado or roasted BBQ potatoes for a little festive dinner!