Have you ever wanted to try making your own juice but find yourself without a juicer? This happened to me recently. I was stuck with a big bag of organic carrots, loads of ginger and fresh lemons, with no juicer in sight and a strong craving for juice. This recipe for Carrot Ginger Juice is so easy if you don’t have a juicer! Although the juice is not cold-pressed from the fruit like a good quality juicer would, I still find this a great solution if you don’t have any other options and if you’re really craving some juice! Carrot juice is so delicious because it’s really smooth and pairs really nicely with ginger and lemon. I also love it with freshly squeezed orange juice! Carrots are one of the most amazing vegetables for you, containing loads of vitamins and minerals to help with eye and skin health and boost your immunity. Carrots are known for being rich in Beta Carotene with basically is really important for overall growth and development and keeping your body super healthy! I highly recommend making this juice when you need a little more energy or if you’re fighting off a cold. I recommend using the leftover pulp from the carrots in baking (for example, a raw carrot cake!).
- 4-5 carrots, chopped
- 1 thumb of ginger
- the juice of 1 lemon
- About 400ml of water (just under 2 cups)
- the juice of 1/2 an orange, optional
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until really creamy.
- Pour the juice through a small-holed strainer and discard the pulp (or see notes)
- Pour into a chilled glass with ice cubes and enjoy!
- If you want to save the carrot pulp for baking (hint: carrot cake!), blend the carrots separately and save the pulp in a tupperware in the refrigerator.