Chocolate Banana Ice Cream Bowls. Healthy Chocolate Banana Ice Cream Bowls. Completely plant-based and filled with goodness. Easy to make, in 5 minutes and totally family-friendly. Who’s in?
This is the best snack, simply because it is made with chocolate. I love chocolate: chocolate cookies, chocolate cake, nom nom nom. I love using raw cacao in my recipes because it is unprocessed and packed with vitamins and minerals that you won’t find in processed cocoa or in conventional chocolate bars products. This is a super kid-friendly recipe that I love to share with my whole family! I mean, healthy and delicious – could you ask for a better combo?
Another great reason to make this recipe is that it is sugar-free! It is a great option for chocolate lovers who are looking to cut down on refined sugar. The sweetness of this bowl simply comes from naturally sweet fruit. It is also packed with protein, so it is a great post-workout option. Adding nut butter and chia seeds offers a source of healthy fats which are important for healthy skin, hormone health and the lubrication of joints. The potassium (electrolyte) in bananas helps with cramping of your muscles and the raw cacao is a great source of plant-based iron.
- 5 frozen bananas, cut into chunks
- Splash of plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp. raw cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. nut butter (almond, cashew or peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup coconut chips
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- In a high-speed blender or food processor (a food processor like a cuisinart or a hand-held blender work best), blend the bananas with the splash of plant-based milk.
- Once creamy and ice-cream like, add the raw cocoa and nut butter (you can also swirl this in to make it look pretty).
- Top with coconut chips and chia seeds! Or your favourite fruit, like frozen berries.