This Dairy-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte is even better than it’s original! Packed with healthy fats, real pumpkin and warming spices, it’s a real crowd pleaser.
Yes, Pumpkin Spice Lattes are still a thing, and I’m SO into them right now! The best thing about making your own pumpkin spice latte is that you know exactly what’s going into it and you are avoiding any sort of nasty additives, fake stuff and dairy – pretty awesome hey? This recipe uses real pumpkin, warming spices and delicious coconut milk. It’s such a treat and really warms you up. If you have troubles digesting healthy fats, I would recommend making your own pumpkin seed milk or using canned coconut milk instead of using a homemade nut milk – the options are endless!
- 1 cup of light canned coconut milk, homemade pumpkin seed milk or almond milk
- 1/4 cup pureed canned pumpkin
- 1 heaping tsp of pumpkin spice (cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg)
- Pinch of cardamom and himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maca powder (for sweetness and hormone balancing)
- Optional: 1 tsp organic blackstrap molasses
- Optional: 1-2oz of good quality espresso
- Dollop of whipped coconut cream
- 4-12 hours before, place a can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge. In the morning, scoop out the coconut cream that has solidified on the top. Place this in a separate bowl. Save the coconut "water" for your next smoothie!
- In a blender, mix the coconut milk, canned pumpkin, spices, salt, maple syrup, vanilla, maca and molasses & espresso if you wish. In a small pot on the stove, heat up the latte. Once warm, top with the coconut cream and cinnamon.