Almond Coconut Pad Thai
This Almond Coconut Pad Thai is packed with beauty foods, protein and veggies to make you feel amazing! I love making this Pad Thai recipe because it takes 15 minutes to whip up, which means it can be a great weekday dinner or a last-minute weekend dinner party idea.
This Almond Coconut Pad Thai:
- is made with healthy fats like almond butter and coconut for hormone balancing, glowing skin and healthy hair.
- pairs deliciously with a sugar-free pad thai sauce
- is made with ginger and garlic, both great for reducing inflammation in the skin, digestion and supporting the immune system
- is so easy to make that all your friends will be hella impressed
Almond Coconut Pad Thai – serves 2
- 1 package (9oz) of brown rice pad thai noodles – I used these
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, sliced
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- Just under 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp of grated ginger
- 2 tbsp tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. coconut cream or 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 lime
- a pinch of red chilli flakes
- Just under 1/2 cup of water
- To serve: 1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro, 2 tbsp. shredded coconut, 1 tbsp. sesame seeds, lime juice, avocado
- Cook the noodles as per the instructions on the bag (about 5 mins) and then rinse with cold water. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil, mix so they don’t get stuck together and set aside.
- In a pan, saute the red pepper, zucchini and carrot slices until nicely browned.
- In your Vitamix, high-speed blender or food processor, add the almond butter, garlic, ginger, tamari, coconut cream, the juice of 1 lime, red chilli flakes and the water. Blend until really creamy.
- In the pan, add the noodles and reheat them with the vegetables until warm.
- Divide the noodles and vegetables into 2 bowls, top with 1/2 of the sauce in each bowl, chopped cilantro, sesame seeds, shredded coconut, lime juice and avocado.
Did you try this recipe? If so, I’d love to hear from you! Share your creations on Instagram with the hashtag #thepurelife so I can see them.
Love always, Sisley