First thing’s first: you don’t need a smoothie to detox your way out of the holidays and into the new year. You can, however, use this smoothie to help your body eliminate toxins, pesticides, excess hormones etc. for a more vibrant, glowing and energetic you!
Now onto the goodness of this smoothie…
I’m a big fan of green smoothies because I love sneaking vegetables into every meal I possibly can. Having a blended meal can be beneficial if you are eating breakfast on-the-go, need a digestive reset or even if you want a snack before a workout. They are also a great way to hide vegetables if you’re a picky eater!
This smoothie is packed with delicious ingredients, featuring:
- Chlorella: chlorella is a sustainable nutrient source, a clean plant-based protein and is amazing when it comes to assisting your body in detox processes. It’s also packed with Vitamin A, B, Iron and Zinc (all very beneficial for supporting your immune system), contains Omega 3’s which help reduce inflammation in the body and Vitamin B12 which is great for vegans/vegetarians who aren’t eating animal products.
- Celery: a natural diuretic and cleansing vegetable packed with fibre-rich goodness to cleanse your digestive tract
- Lime: also a great source of vitamin C, lime is naturally antibacterial and helps fight off infection
- Mint: great for digestion, helps to relieve headaches and reduces bloat
Chlorella Detox Smoothie
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 of a green apple
- 1 small handful of microgreens
- 2 pieces of celery
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 3 mint leaves
- 1/4 tsp. chlorella (start with 1/4 tsp. – you can work your way up to 1 tsp. but it has a strong taste)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- Blend in your highspeed blender until creamy. To take away, store in a sealed glass jar for up to 2 days (don’t add the chia seeds unless you are drinking fresh!).
Did you try this recipe? If so, I’d love to hear from you! Share your creations on Instagram with the hashtag #thepurelife so I can see them.
Love always, Sisley