This apple pie smoothie is so rich & creamy and nutritious! You guys will absolutely LOVE this one, I think it’s one of my favourites smoothies ever. With crisp apples, creamy almond milk and warming spices, it tastes just like Fall in a jar! The medjool dates give this smoothie a hint of caramel. If you want to make the smoothie banana-free, it’s no problem. Simply omit the bananas and add a few more frozen apples and a bit more almond milk for a delicious blend.
Why I love this smoothie: apples are incredible prebiotic fuel for gut health, bananas pack in a ton of minerals like potassium, spices add a boost of anti-inflammatory goodness and the addition of protein powder helps to balance blood sugar to avoid breakouts and cortisol spikes.
- 1 red apple, without the core
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 serving vanilla vegan protein powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp of pumpkin spice OR 1 tsp cinnamon + 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1 medjool date
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until thick and creamy. Enjoy fresh! Mmm!
If you like this recipe and want more clear skin tips, check out my best-selling guide, The Acne Protocol.