Ahhhhhh! I just love summer. It gives me the excuse to eat popsicles, veggie burgers and smoothies all day, everyday with no shame!
To be completely honest, I was raised on dairy and I loved it. My diet used to consist of German cheese, milk, yoghurt drinks, pumpernickel bread and butter (SO much butter). These days, dairy isn’t a part of my diet and I don’t get cravings for it anymore, but I do really love a good popsicle. I love using coconut milk because it makes these popsicles so creamy and flavourful, not to mention the awesome nutritional benefits of coconut. Unfortunately, lots of store bought popsicles and ice cream cones are either filled with nasty additives or are just too darn expensive! Making these at home are perfect, and they last a good while in your freezer, too! I think you guys are going to absolutely love these coconut raspberry popsicles, just like I do! They take less than 10 minutes to make and are the perfect dessert or snack.
- About 1 and 1/2 cups (375ml) of coconut milk (full-fat, or light if preferred)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or agave syrup or honey)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 handful of frozen or fresh raspberries
- Popsicle molds for 4 popsicles
- In a blender, blend up the coconut milk with the maple syrup and vanilla extract until nicely combined.
- Pour the coconut milk into the popsicle molds. Add the raspberries and swirl them around with a fork or knife so they aren't clumped together in one spot.
- Freeze overnight (for 8-12 hours) and pour hot water over the plastic molds to remove the popsicles from the molds. Enjoy cold!