This tea will make you want to curl up on the sofa with a good book and a blanket, it’s just that good.
This immunity tea is my saviour during the colder winter months and it’s something I’ve been drinking for years now to help combat flu and cold viruses. I am seriously in love with this tea – there is nothing better than hot fresh ginger and lemon! I love making a big pot of this tea and leaving it on the counter for me to sip on throughout the day. It’s a wonderful digestion booster and great for supporting the immune system or when fighting that cold that just won’t go away!
This immunity tea contains:
- lemon – which is naturally alkalizing and anti-viral, aids in detox and packed with vitamin C
- ginger – an inflammation-reducing powerhouse, helping to bust bacteria and viruses and is known for its’ wonderful properties that help to reduce nausea
- ACV (apple cider vinegar) – a fermented tonic which will also help to kill bacteria, aid in digestion and boost metabolism, amongst other amazing things
- cayenne pepper – stimulates blood flow, boosts digestion and ignites a fire-y sensation in the body
- raw honey – a great natural sweetener known to combat allergies and help to soothe the throat during infection
The best part? I encourage you to try this tea warm, but it can also be made iced in the summer months!
“Feel Better” Immunity Tea
- 500ml water
- 1 large piece of ginger (about 2 inches), finely chopped
- The juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp raw local honey
- A pinch of cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 tsp raw, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar (I like Bragg’s brand)
- Add the water, ginger, lemon juice, honey and cayenne (optional) to a small pot on the stove. Let the tea boil for a few minutes and then add to a teapot. Add the apple cider vinegar to a mug and add some tea. Sip daily for a rockin’ immune system!
Did you try this recipe? If so, I’d love to hear from you! Share your creations on Instagram with the hashtag #thepurelife so I can see them.
Love always, Sisley