These vegan & gluten-free lemon blueberry muffins are the most delicious snack!
These muffins have been such a hit in our house that I have to make them on the weekly to keep up with our cravings. They are the perfect balance of sweet from the blueberries and tart from the lemon. I used almond flour in this recipe to make them light and fluffy and to add some extra healthy fat & protein to make them more satiating. I like keeping them gluten-free with an all-purpose gluten-free flour and sweetening them with maple syrup. These muffins make for the best snack or brunch addition. I hope you love them as much as I do!
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Gluten-free & vegan blueberry muffins with a lemon twist.
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 heaping tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1.5 cups 1-for-1 gluten-free baking flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 heaping tbsp. aluminium-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Step 2 Melt the coconut oil in a small pot until it becomes liquid. Add it to a large bowl with the almond milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, ground flax, vanilla and maple syrup. Stir until well combined and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Step 3 In a separate bowl, add the gluten-free flour, almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, coconut and salt and mix until well combined. Pour the mixture into the dry mixture and stir well.
- Step 4 Fold in the blueberries.
- Step 5 Fill a muffin tin (greased with coconut oil) with each muffin filled to the top.
- Step 6 Bake for 40-45 minutes. Check with a toothpick until it comes out clean. Remove from the oven to cool for 20 minutes before enjoying.
- Step 7 Freezer-friendly!
Did you try this recipe? If so, I’d love to hear from you! Share your creations on Instagram with the hashtag #thepurelife so I can see them.
Love always, Sisley