You guys are going to fall head-over-heels for these. They are so incredibly chocolatey, gooey and caramely. I love snacking on these in the afternoons at work, when I’m craving a little chocolate. They are the perfect little energy pick-me-up! I also love making these with almond butter or cashew butter, too. If you’re looking for an alternative to nut butter, I definitely would recommend trying these. If you’re looking for something oh, so seductive and delicious, then you’re in the right place. Aw yeah!
- 2 large handfuls of medjool dates
- 1/4 cup of all-natural peanut butter
- About 4 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Soak the dates in warm water for about 15-30 minutes.
- In a food processor, blend the dates with the peanut butter, raw cacao powder, cinnamon and sea salt for about 5 minutes, or until nice and creamy.
- Once everything is blended nicely, pulse the chopped almonds for just a few seconds, until they are well combined.
- Take about 1 tbsp of the mixture and roll them into balls. Dip the balls into crushed almonds or cocoa powder, if you wish, and store in the freezer. I enjoy them straight from the freezer but they also taste delicious from the fridge or as is. Store in the freezer for about 1-2 weeks.
- You can use regular dates instead of medjool as well, but medjool dates are much more sticky and delicious in my opinion.
- You can sub any other nut butter for the peanut butter, if you wish.
- You can sub carob powder for the raw cacao powder , if you wish.
I once made these Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites for my colleagues at work and almost all of them said they taste just like a Snickers bar! Being a huge fan of the chocolate bar, I can say these are even better. The main reason is because you just feel awesome afterwards. These bites are only made with natural, whole foods. They are packed with protein and chocolatey goodness. Enjoy!