Who doesn’t love chocolate, am I right? Are you ready to try a chocolate zucchini smoothie?
This hormone-balancing chocolate zucchini smoothie is tasty, satisfying and mega healthy. The chocolate flavour of this smoothie can hide a ton of veggies like zucchini, avocado, spinach, etc. etc. This smoothie is the perfect balance of healthy fats, fibre-rich veggies and superfoods to help balance hormones. The frozen banana and ripe avocado give this smoothie a creamy base, while the addition of zucchini adds a nutty flavour and a great source of fibre. Raw cacao powder is packed with iron and magnesium, great for supporting the immune system and keeping sugar cravings at bay. The healthy fats in this smoothie from coconut milk, avocado, and ground flax are wonderful hormone balancers, promoting brain health and glowing skin. Try adding your favourite adaptogenic herb to this smoothie, like maca powder or ashwagandha root powder to help naturally balance stress hormones, promote sustained energy and increase stamina. Read more about adaptogens here.
Hormone-Balancing Chocolate Zucchini Smoothie
A satisfying chocolatey smoothie filled with goodness!
- 1/2 of a frozen banana
- 1/4 of a ripe avocado
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 handful of ice
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 heaping tbsp. of raw cacao powder
- 1 medjool date, pit removed
- 1 heaping tbsp. ground flax seed
- 1 tsp. gelatinized maca powder or ashwagandha powder
- Your favourite toppings: chia pudding, rawnola, berries, cacao nibs, etc.
- Step 1 Add all ingredients to your high-speed blender and blend until creamy.
- Step 2 Drink up as is or pour into a bowl and top with your favourite smoothie bowl toppings!