I’ve been dedicating some free time to baking once/week and it feels SO good. Sometimes I bake for myself, sometimes for family or for friends, and it puts me in the best mood (plus you get to enjoy a delicious treat when you’re done!). These gluten free zucchini brownies are the easiest and most delicious treat! Brownies are one of my favourite things to healthify and I love sneaking in some zucchini for extra veggie goodness.
Find more healthy treat recipes here.
These brownies are:
- packed with healthy fats which are great for brain health and help balance hormones
- packed with iron and magnesium from raw cacao powder & cacao nibs, which is the purest form of chocolate
- sweetened with natural sugars which contain minerals which help to balance blood sugars, unlike refined sugars
- easy, delicious and healthier than store-bought brownies!
Gluten Free Zucchini Brownies
- 1 cup shredded zucchini that’s been squeezed of excess moisture
- 1 large pasture-raised egg
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup high-quality cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons room temperature coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp raw cacao
- Fancy sea salt, for sprinkling on to
- Optional: melt dairy free choc chips or 2 tbsp coconut butter with 2 tbsp raw cacao powder and a pinch of maple syrup to make a “frosting” for the top
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Step 2 Mix the wet ingredients together until nicely combined. Whisk the egg in. In a separate bowl, Mix the dry ingredients together until well combined.
- Step 3 Mix the two together until it forms a nice batter and fold in the raw cacao nibs. Pour in an 8×8” pan in parchment paper and bake for about 25 mins – do the toothpick test! Let the brownies cool for 10 mins, add the “frosting” if you wish and then top with rose petals to make them extra fancy.