This soup is such a classic, hearty soup. It is a good starter for beginner soup makers because it is super simple to make (no blender or fancy ingredients necessary!). Try storing this soup in ziploc bags in the freezer for a quick dinner!
Classic Winter Vegetable Soup
A hearty plant-based soup that your leftovers and your Saturday market veggie hauls will truly love. This big batch will serve a large family or keep well as leftovers in the fridge or freezer for those rainy days where a nice cup of warm soup is the only answer.
Write a review
- 5-6 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 bag of small golden potatoes (approx. 10)
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1/2 a head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 large handful of baby spinach or kale
- 1 small yellow or green zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw quinoa
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or chili
- Start by cooking the 1/2 cup raw quinoa in 1 cup water with the apple cider vinegar. When done, set aside.
- Next add the vegetable broth to a low boil in a large pot. Add the chopped veggies and potatoes and reduce to simmer.
- Let simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes. Make sure the potatoes and carrots are fully cooked.
- Add the cooked quinoa and spices and then serve warm with fresh bread on a rainy day.
The Pure Life https://thepurelife.ca/