Having a bad day? Have a brownie
Having a good day? Have a brownie
Time of the month? You should probably have a brownie…
These brownies are actually the answer to all of your problems. Plus, they’re so rich and filling that you’ll probably only want one! That way, they last waaay longer. More brownies = happier days.
Super ooey, gooey, creamy, rich and flavourful.
So we all know that brownies stuffed with sweet potatoes have been the talk of the town ever since Ella from DeliciouslyElla created her infamous Sweet Potato Brownies, which taste like literal heaven. I was also inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie, and went a little crazy in the kitchen the other day, and these bad boys were created. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them! X
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup apple sauce
- 6-7 medjool dates
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1/2 cup organic vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- Peel and steam the sweet potatoes until soft.
- Blend the sweet potatoes in a food processor with the dates until creamy. Add the applesauce.
- Transfer the mixture to another bowl and stir in the rice flour, cacao powder, honey and chocolate chunks.
- Scoop the batter into a lined baking pan (I used ceramic) and bake at 180C for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool in fridge.
- I think these brownies are the most tasty straight from the oven or cooled in the refrigerator!