I love a good cookie, and these gluten free almond thumbprint cookies are no excuse!
A healthier take on the traditional thumbprint cookie, this version is made with nutrient-dense ingredients like almond flour and coconut oil.
Gluten Free Almond Thumbprint Cookies
A nutritious sweet snack.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp aluminium-free baking powder
- 10 tsp. sugar-free jam
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Step 2 In a mixing bowl, add the almond flour, ground flax, cinnamon, salt and baking powder and mix well.
- Step 3 Heat the coconut oil in a small pot until soft, not fully liquid. Add the maple syrup and vanilla and then combine with the dry ingredients.
- Step 4 Once fully mixed, place the mixture in the fridge for about 10 minutes to firm up.
- Step 5 Remove from the fridge, roll into 3 tbsp-sized balls, place evenly on a non-stick cookie sheet and flaten with the base of your thumb. Add 1 tsp. of jam to the centre of each cookie.
- Step 6 Bake for about 20 minutes, or until just golden. Remove from the oven to let them cool. Enjoy!