Did someone say chia?
This Healthy Chia Seed Jam is the easiest homemade jam recipe you’ll ever need! It’s packed with goodness and is especially delicious when made with local in-season berries. Berries pack a ton of antioxidants to help with skin damage, chia seeds are great for reducing inflammation in the body, lemon juice is a natural immunity booster, cinnamon helps to regulate blood sugar and maple syrup is a great natural sweetener packed with minerals.
I used these chia seeds.
- 2 cups of frozen berries of your choice (I like raspberries)
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds (white or black)
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- Optional: pinch of cinnamon
- STEP 1In a small pot on low heat, add the berries and lemon juice until thawed and warm.
- STEP 2Next add the maple syrup and mix in the chia seeds.
- STEP 3Take a potato masher or a fork to mash the berries until it forms a thinner consistency.
- STEP 4Add in the cinnamon and mix until combined.
- STEP 5Remove from the heat, allow the mixture to cool for at least 30 minutes and then place it in a clean glass mason jar. Once the mixture has cooled, it should firm up like gelatin. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Use on toast, oatmeal or on pancakes.
Did you try this recipe? If so, I’d love to hear from you! Share your creations on Instagram with the hashtag #thepurelife so I can see them.
Disclaimer: There may be affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase from one of the links above, I may earn a small amount from your purchase at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Pure Life!
Love always, Sisley