Ahhh, the sweet smell of rice pudding!
Growing up in Germany, rice pudding was a childhood favourite of mine. My Omi would make it for me whenever I came to visit the farm. I remember the smell of fresh cream and cinnamon fill the kitchen as I watched her stir the warm dish until creamy perfection. Now that I’ve ditched dairy from my diet, I’ve managed to perfect this healthier option over the past few years and always come back to it with so many memories.
This Dairy Free Rice Pudding is:
- comforting, warming and grounding
- packed with healthy fats for glowing skin and happy hormones
- easy and quick to make
- 1 cup of dried white rice (I use jasmine)
- 3 cups of water
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of cardamom and Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- STEP 1Soak the rice in a bowl of water for 4 hours. This is an optional step but helps with digestion.
- STEP 2In a medium-sized pot, add the rice to a pot of 3 cups of boiling water. Reduce to a simmer and cook as regular, until soft.
- STEP 3After the rice is well cooked, add in the coconut milk and continuously stir until warm and sticky.
- STEP 4Add in the cinnamon, cardamom, salt and maple syrup and stir until combined.
- STEP 5Serve warm and top with your favourite toppings. I love fresh berries, crushed pistachios and chia jam.
Did you try this recipe? If so, I’d love to hear from you! Share your creations on Instagram with the hashtag #thepurelife so I can see them.
Love always, Sisley