Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. Remember the sugary classics we used to
indulge in binge eat on Halloween? Yup, they were my favourite. Unfortunately, they don’t make us feel so good, and also have zero benefits for our body. The good news? I’ve got you covered. These taste just as good – wait, no – better than the original, because you know they are so, so good for you!
Now let’s get to it.
Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
A healthy version to your childhood favourite!
- 1 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- About 1/2 cup of all-natural peanut butter - crunchy or smooth, you choose!
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- About 10 muffin moulds - the paper ones
- Step 1 In a small pot, combine the raw cacao powder and coconut oil and heat until nicely combined. Do not burn or overheat and do not add any almond milk or water. If it is too watery, add more cacao and if it is too powdery, add more coconut oil. It should be a bit creamier consistency than water.
- Step 2 Add the maple syrup. Then turn off the heat and set aside.
- Step 3 Place 10 muffin molds (the thin, paper ones) and put about 1 tbsp. of the chocolate sauce into each of them. Place them in a muffin tin tray or a solid dish of some sort and store in the freezer for about 10-20 minutes, or until solid.
- Step 4 Next drop about 1 tbsp. of peanut butter into each cup and top with the remaining chocolate sauce, about 1 tbsp. in each of them.
- Step 5 Sprinkle with the Himalayan salt. Mmmm salted chocolate.
- Step 6 Put back into the freezer for at least an hour, ideally overnight and enjoy straight from the freezer once finished!