This past year, I had the chance to work with the incredible wedding photographer Christine from Christine Pienaar Photography. Christine has some serious talent, especially for her age. She produces stunning, refreshing photographs; it’s no wonder why I wanted to take some photos with her! We both love food & photography, so, why not?
These Lemon Tofu, Feta & Avocado wraps were inspired by one of my best friends, who is also a vegetarian. Occasionally she will send me pictures of her veggo family dinners and I actually almost eat my phone because it all looks so delicious, so naturally I always have to recreate them.
They are so incredibly simple yet bursting with flavour. They are the perfect summer dinner (any Aussies here?) but also great for winter to spice things up a little (Yay, rest of the world!). They would also pair quite perfectly with this green smoothie. The butter lettuce has a dreamy texture, avocado and feta are always a perfect match, and of course the lemon tofu adds an additional Zahh! to the whole recipe.
- 6 leafs of butter lettuce (buy one head of butter lettuce and keep the rest for extra wraps)
- 1/4 cup goat's feta cheese
- 1/2 hass avocado, sliced
- 1/2 of a small block of firm plain organic tofu
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Wash the butter lettuce and peel off 6 leaves. Set aside to air dry.
- Press the water out of the block of tofu with a cloth or paper towel.
- Heat a pan and add the tofu, coconut oil and honey. Fry the tofu until it is golden brown on both sides.
- In each leaf, add a few slices of avocado, about 1 tbsp of crumbled feta cheese and about 1 tbsp of the tofu. Sprinkle lemon juice on top.
- Serve fresh!
- These make ahhh-mazing leftovers, so I would highly recommend making a few more than intended and saving the rest for a big salad.