This Olive + Sundried Tomato Tapenade is the best appetizer for your dinner party or to keep in the fridge for snacking on with flax seed crackers + fresh veggies. This recipe is full of beautifully rich flavours, pairs perfectly with crackers, pasta, veggies or as a sandwich spread. It is packed with healthy fats from the olives, anti-inflammatory goodness from the omega fatty acids in walnuts and anti-cancer lycopene from the tomatoes. I love adding a pinch of mineral-rich Himalayan salt and cracked black pepper, but the fresh basil is the best way to spice up the tapenade.
- 1 cup of raw walnuts
- 2 packed cups of sundried tomatoes, with or without the oil
- 1 packed cup of fresh olives (see notes)
- 1 tbsp of capers
- 1 packed cup of fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Himalayan salt and cracked black pepper, to taste.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor. I like to start by adding the walnuts, pulsing these a few times, then adding the sundried tomatoes, olives, capers, basil, olive oil, salt + pepper.
- Do not pulse the ingredients too much or it will turn into a paste! I recommend just a few pulses.
- Serve with crackers, veggies or in pasta or sandwiches. Enjoy!