Green Gazpacho has a special place in my heart.
I am so excited for Summer foods because they are so vibrant in colour, full of flavour and they make me feel seriously energized! Gazpacho is something I have been making for years, which I originally learned how to make when I was living in Spain in 2014. I played around with various flavours, using local ripe tomatoes from the market or fresh lemons from the garden – I love playing around with fresh, local ingredients. Gazpacho is traditionally a cold soup with fresh vegetables, onion and garlic and served with homemade bread for a heartier meal. Traditional gazpacho usually has a base of tomatoes, but I also love this green gazpacho combo!
Why Green Gazpacho?
I love this green gazpacho because it contains some of the best ingredients for healthy, glowing skin and hair! Avocadoes are rich in Vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant to help combat free radical damage from toxins, pesticides or sun exposure. Both avocados, leafy greens and fresh herbs help to support the liver to aid in detoxification and support glowing skin. I love adding anti-inflammatory celery in the summer months to keep my body cool. Celery also contains good amounts of silicon, which is essential for strong, healthy hair and firm skin. Cucumber helps to keep our bodies naturally hydrated, lemon is wonderful for reducing inflammation in the body and garlic is a powerful anti-viral food, making it great for healing acne.
Green Glow Gazpacho
A delicious, light and fresh Summer lunch option!
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado
- 2 big handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 small handfuls of fresh herbs (I like parsley and dill)
- 1/2 of a cucumber, peeled if not organic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 small garlic clove
- Himalayan salt and pepper, to taste
- Dash of water, until desired consistency is achieved - I use about 1/4-1/2 cup
- Step 1 Wash and chop all ingredients and add them to your blender until smooth and creamy. Top with your favourite spices like chilli flakes and your favourite toppings (I love chopped pistachios, more lemon juice, chopped herbs and hemp seeds).