This easy healthy blueberry crumble will be your new favourite summer dessert!
This crumble is packed with fresh, local blueberries and sweetened naturally with maple syrup and a touch of coconut sugar. The best part about this dessert is that it is so simple to make – it’s a perfect option to bring for summer dinner parties. I love pairing this dessert with a scoop of coconut milk ice cream to make it extra special, but you could also add a dollop of homemade coconut whipped cream, too! I love these easy-to-whip up healthy dessert recipes because they make healthy eating stress-free and fun. Try mixing up this crumble by using whatever berry is in season – raspberries, blackberries, cherries, etc.
Note: these are the oats I use.
The benefits of blueberries
Blueberries are one of my favourite summer fruits – they are wonderful for skin health. The antioxidants in blueberries help to repair free radical damage from toxins, like cleaning chemicals, alcohol, pesticides and too much sun exposure. So you’re really killing two birds with one stone with this dessert – it’s easy to make and it’s healthy for your skin! If you want to take it to the next level, try using mixed berries. When berries are eaten together, they are known to act as a more powerful antioxidant, making your skin and body happier!
Easy Healthy Blueberry Crumble
A healthy version of your favourite summer dessert.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond flour (or ground up almonds in a food processor)
- 3/4 cup shredded or flaked coconut
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. tahini or almond butter
- 3 tbsp. room temperature (soft) coconut oil
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp. raw coconut sugar
- Coconut ice cream, to serve
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Step 2 Mix the oats, almond flour, coconut, cinnamon, maple syrup, tahini, coconut oil and salt in a bowl until well combined.
- Step 3 In a ~11×11″ low glass baking dish, spread out the blueberries and top with the fresh lemon juice. Top the blueberries with the crumble mixture and the coconut sugar.
- Step 4 Bake the crumble for about 40 minutes, or until the crisp has become golden brown (this might vary depending on your oven).
- Step 5 Serve warm with a scoop of coconut ice cream and fresh mint to garnish!