Vancouver is just too darn hot right now! The heat calls for some really cold and refreshing smoothies, like this delicious Beet Berry Smoothie that I’ve been drinking non-stop. I love drinking this smoothie for dinner when it’s too hot to turn on an oven or a stove or even a BBQ.
I have this new found love for beets. I used to barely be able to touch a beet and now I just love them! The trick? Beet juice! Drinking a little bit of beet juice and making my way up to a full cup made me realize how awesome beets are and taste! Beets help lower blood pressure and increase blood flow, so drinking beet juice or a beet smoothie is a great snack to have before a workout! Beets are also a great detox-er and are anti-inflammatory, so this is also a great smoothie to drink after a night of drinking or if you are recovery from a flu. The banana and berries sweeten up the smoothie and the almond mylk makes it so creamy! I love adding different superfoods to this smoothie because basically everything goes with it. I think you guys will absolutely love it!
I purchased my beet juice here.
Beet Berry Smoothie
- 1/2 of small cooked red beet or 1/2 cup of cold-pressed organic beet juice
- 1 cup of almond milk (homemade is best), coconut milk works too
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 3-4 frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp hemp or chia seeds
- 1 medjool date
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend on high until creamy. Serve in a chilled glass jar and drink up!