Cranberry Sauce is the best addition to any festive dinner. Throwing it on some mashed potatoes, eating it by the spoonful or even mixing it into my morning porridge has been the ritual for the past few weeks. I love this recipe; I tried my Grandma’s traditional recipe from memory and then added my own little twist (hence, the coconut sugar!). You guys will love this one. This sauce also keeps really well in a mason jar in the fridge. Happy holidays everybody! Follow me as I enjoy a healthy, happy and mindful holiday on Instagram.
- 1 x 12oz bag of fresh or frozen cranberries (I’ve tried both, both work great!)
- A splash of water
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- Lots of cinnamon and cardamom, to taste
- Heat a sauce pan on low heat on the stove. Add the cranberries and a splash of water and let simmer with a lid half on.
- Once the cranberries have muddled together a bit, add the coconut sugar, maple syrup, orange zest and warming spices. Mix this around until the cranberries combine well. It will look similar to marmalade.
- Turn off the heat and let the sauce cool. Store in an air-tight container or mason jar with a lid, in the fridge, or serve fresh.