This smoothie is such a great breakfast staple! I have it almost every morning. If I don’t have frozen or fresh pineapple in my kitchen, then I often use mango or frozen berries instead, but this is definitely my favourite option. This smoothie is packed with so much goodness like vitamin C and healthy fats from the avocado. The bananas make this smoothie extra creamy and the cinnamon is such a nice touch! It really only takes 5 minutes to make in the morning, but you can always make it the night before if you’re in a hurry. I definitely recommend this smoothie to any green smoothie newbies because it tastes so sweet and you can’t taste the spinach or avocado at all, it just ties it all together – trust me. I love drinking this smooothie in the morning with a glass of warm lemon water on the side, it’s really such a nice kickstart to my morning and keeps me full for a couple of hours. I also love to make this smoothie for dinner in the summer if I’m running out of time, it’s like dessert! I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do. I’ll just be sippin’ on it every morning anyways! Give it a go and let me know what you think!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup of frozen pineapple
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1/4 of an avocado
- 3/4 cup of water or almond milk
- 1 inch of fresh ginger root
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until really creamy. Serve in a chilled glass and top with your desired toppings - my favourites are frozen raspberry pieces and hemp seeds.