The prettiest latte I ever did see! I love a good holistic latte, but my wallet doesn’t favour them so much. The best part about this latte is that you don’t even have to leave your house to get it – you can make it yourself!
This Beet, Rose & Maca Latte is going to make you feel and look #gorgeous. To celebrate Beauty Foods month, I wanted to share with you a truly beautiful recipe.
You are going to love this.
This Beet, Rose & Maca Latte is:
- really pretty to look at, so you can impress your friends
- has the beautiful adaptogenic herb maca, which is great for hormone balancing and supporting the immune system
- packed with healthy, nourishing fats to keep you satiated and keep your skin glowing
- blood circulating: beets promote healthy blood circulation and oxygen intake into the blood, so it makes for a great pre workout latte. Beets are also incredibly detoxing and immune boosting
- so tasty! Made with creamy nut milk and natural sweeteners like honey and rose water, this latte is to die for!
Make this easy-peasy, lemon squeezy.
Instead of running around trying to find these ingredients, I’m going to tell you where I got mine. Easy, right?
Rose Water – local Persian market or on Amazon here.
Maca Powder – health food or supplement store. Choose raw for most active ingredients, or gelatinized for easier digestion.
Beetroot Powder – online here, or your local health food store. 1 tsp is equivalent to the nutrition of 1 beet!
Homemade Nut Milk – I use this recipe. This latte tastes exceptionally delicious using 1 cup of macadamia nuts and 1 cup of coconut shreds instead of almonds. Highly recommend!
Cardamom – I like to choose quality cardamom in small amounts for the best taste and nutritional factors. I buy mine from Whole Foods or a health food store.
Coconut Butter – I love Nutiva coconut butter.
- 2 servings of homemade nut milk - homemade will taste better
- 1 tbsp. coconut butter
- 1 tbsp. of beetroot powder
- 1 tsp of maca powder
- 1.5 tbsp. of rose water
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- Pinch of cardamom
- In a pot on the stove, heat the homemade nut milk on low heat. Be careful not to burn and stir continuously.
- Mix in the coconut butter, beetroot powder, maca powder, rose water, cardamom and honey.
- If you have a milk steamer or frother, this is a great option for frothing up the milk, to make it even more enjoyable.
- Top with a pinch of beetroot powder and rose petals if you really want to impress your guest!