This is my absolute favourite, easy, no-fail homemade almond milk recipe. And I am so excited to be sharing it with you all today. Making your own almond milk is simple, requires little ingredients and is more affordable than buying store-bought milk.
Almonds are a great, creamy alternative to cow’s milk. I recommend almond milk as a substitution for cow’s milk to all of my clients! Almonds are packed with wholesome goodness and are specifically beneficial for skin health, brain health and hormone health.
I use this almond milk for:
- smoothies and smoothie bowls
- in coffee or tea, as a creamer or to make turmeric lattes
- as a creamy base for blended soups and gazpacho
- poured over fresh fruit like berries or apples
- mixed with chia seeds to make chia pudding
- stirred into porridge to make it extra creamy
- as-is – with a cookie, of course
Make sure to tag your almond milk pictures with #thepurelife so I can see your beautiful creations! Enjoy.
Ps – not sure what to do with the pulp? Try this recipe.
- 2 cups of raw, unsalted almonds
- 1 litre of water (preferably filtered)
- 1 medjool date (pit removed) or 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- A nut milk bag or cheesecloth – both available at health food stores or online
- STEP 1Soak the almonds in water overnight (4+ hours for best quality). If you forget this step, I wouldn’t let that hold you back from making the almond milk, just try to remember for next time as this step makes it extra creamy and delicious.
- STEP 2Once soaked, remove the water from the almonds and rinse them. Add the almonds to your high-speed blender and add the filtered water, sweetener of choice, vanilla bean and Himalayan salt.
- STEP 3Blend on high for a few minutes, until nice and creamy.
- STEP 4Pour the almond milk mixture through your nut milk bag, strainer or cheesecloth into a large bowl. Rinse out your blender and pour the milk back into the blender.
- STEP 5Pour the milk into a glass jar and seal. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days. There you have your delicious, easy almond milk in just a few simple steps!