I just love Sundays.
Time to relax, unwind, meal prep, go out for brunch, maybe a hike or a beach day. I always love relaxing on Sunday night with a good movie or documentary and a big bowl of homemade coconut oil popcorn (which Ali always makes for me – bless).
I think the actual best part about Sundays though is…(you guessed it)… brunch.
There’s something about sleeping in, making breakfast in your PJ’s, putting on some Jack Johnson and making a really good hearty breakfast (the kind that keeps you full until dinner time).
These burritos are next level.
Ugh, just so good. Plus they’re actually healthy, which is the coolest part. I use sprouted tofu so the bean is digested and absorbed nicely, lots of red pepper and tomatoes, greens and some super rad spicy cashew dip from Habibi’s which I have been obsessing over. All stuffed into a whole wheat wrap and we’re good to go. Ali especially loves “grilling” them in a bit of avocado oil on the stove in a pan…oh my goodness – heavenly!
- 2 whole grain (no-additive) wraps
- 1 small yam
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 of a small yellow onion
- 1 block of firm sprouted tofu
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 chopped ripe vine tomatoes
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 2 large handfuls of chopped lettuce (we used Iceberg lettuce for this photo)
- 4 tbsp. Habibi's Chipotle Cashew Dip and Spread
- optional: add 1/4 of an avocado to each burrito
- Warm up the 2 tortillas in a pan with a few drops of water and set aside.
- Chop up the yam into small cubes and add to a small pot with a 1/4 cup of water and steam for 5 minutes, until soft.
- In a separate pan, add the avocado oil, garlic and onion and sauté for a few minutes. Next, add the chopped tomato and bell pepper. Crumble the tofu into the pan and add the spices. Continue to sauté until it is smelling delicious!
- Spread 2 tbsp. onto each tortilla wrap and add the tofu mixture. Add some shredded lettuce and wrap it up! Serve warm.
This post is sponsored by Habibi’s Mediterranean Foods. Thank you for supporting companies that support The Pure Life.