As you guys probably know, I’m sort of a breakfast lover. The amazing thing about breakfast is that it can be eaten at any time of the day! Just like this awesome 15-Minute Tofu Scramble.
This scramble is such a simple, easy to throw together dinner option! This would work great as a breakfast or brunch meal, too, but I prefer to eat more raw than cooked throughout the day as I find it helps with my digestion. When buying tofu, I highly suggest looking out for non-gmo, organic and extra-firm tofu for this recipe.
If you’re like me (not the biggest fan of the taste of tofu), you will be shocked to find that this recipe will totally blow your socks off! The spices work so well together and it’s honestly the quickest meal to throw together if you’re feeling like a hearty heavy-protein meal. I’m also a bit of a ketchup addict, so I like to smother this dish in organic ketchup, but this is totally optional.
- 1 large handful of white or crimini mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped or sliced
- 1 orange or yellow pepper, chopped or sliced
- 1/2 block of organic, firm or extra-firm tofu (about 3inches thick and 3inches wide)
- optional: 1 handful of spinach, zucchini slices, cooked yam or potato wedges
- A shake of each: steak seasoning salt (paprika, garlic powder, chili, etc.), cayenne pepper, turmeric, sea salt, cracked pepper
- Heat a wok on the stove on medium heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil and wait to heat up.
- Next add the mushrooms and chopped peppers and fry for a few minutes. Use a spatula to move the veggies around. Feel free to add any other veggies here, the more the merrier!
- Next add the tofu, crumbling slowly with your hands into bite-sized pieces. Then add the spices and let this cook until the tofu browns slightly.
- Serve with organic ketchup, if desired! Enjoy warm.