My love for muffins is never ending!
I am so excited to be sharing these protein-packed delicious muffins on the blog today. They are naturally sweetened with bananas which are an incredible pre, during or post-workout snack. They are packed with electrolytes and glucose to fuel your muscles. I love adding in my favourite protein powder to give these muffins and extra boost to help keep blood sugar levels stable and to add some extra density.
I love using this gluten-free flour (I have not tried these muffins with other flours but I’m sure spelt flour or regular wheat flour would work too), and I love using Botanica Perfect Protein – read more about the benefits and negatives of protein powder here.
Banana Oat Protein Muffins
Protein-packed gluten and refined sugar free muffins.
- 1 cup 1-for-1 gluten free baking flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax + 4 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup quick or rolled oats
- 1/4 cup vanilla vegan protein powder
- 1 tbsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup melted coconut oil - about 1/2 cup solid
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs or dairy-free chocolate chips
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350F
- Step 2 In a bowl, Mix the flax and water and set aside. Combine the flour, oats, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until well combined
- Step 3 In a separate bowl, combine the vanilla, coconut oil, maple syrup, mashed bananas and cacao nibs until well mixed. Combine the two mixtures all together until no clumps are left – the batter should be wet but sticky (not runny and not dry – add more coconut oil or oats to adjust consistency)
- Step 4 Add the mixture to a muffin tin and bake for about 25 mins, until golden brown. Do a toothpick test and then remove from the oven and let cool for 10 mins. Store in a Tupperware for up to ~4 days