I am so excited to share with you this delicious, beautiful pink Beetroot & Chickpea Hummus recipe.
Ah, hummus. You do not know hummus I love you.
For real though, hummus is the best. You can pair it with literally anything – snack plate, eat with falafels, spread onto a veggie burger, mix into a quinoa bowl or a pasta dish, eat with pita, eat with a spoon…you name it!
This Beetroot & Chickpea Hummus is special because it contains a secret #beautyfood – beautiful delicious pink beets.
A little digestion tip…
For proper digestion and nutrient absorption, make sure to use raw chickpeas and soak them for 24-48 hours before cooking. My favourite place to buy them is from the company GRAIN, which supplies Canadian-grown chickpeas. You can also use organic, canned chickpeas and rinse them really well. Soaking your chickpeas rids of the phytic acid which often can cause digestive upset and intolerance to beans.
This hummus is:
- easy to make
- packed with clean protein and phytonutrients your body loves
- 1 cooked and peeled beet
- 1.5 cups of cooked or canned chickpeas
- 1/4 cup of quality olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 garlic cloves
- the juice of 1 large lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. I like adding a dash of water to mine to make it extra smooth.
- Store in a airtight glass container for up to 1 week. Use for dips, sandwiches, add to pastas, or eat with a spoon!