This Blueberry Cacao Smoothie Bowl is a personal favourite of mine because it includes three of my favourite foods that I couldn’t possibly live without: blueberries, coconut and chocolate.
I love this smoothie bowl because it’s deliciously sweet and super satisfying. The blueberries are packed with antioxidants to help fight free radicals, promoting glowing skin. The coconut and hemp are great sources of healthy fats and help to reduce inflammation in the body and promote strong hair. The raw cacao is a great source of iron and magnesium, which makes this smoothie bowl a great breakfast option during your menstrual phase – magnesium helps to reduce cramping, so load up on that dark chocolate, ladies!
Blueberry Cacao Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 of a ripe banana
- 1 cup of (steamed then frozen) cauliflower florets or (steamed then frozen) zucchini slices
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup homemade almond milk
- 1 tbsp. coconut butter or shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds
- Toppings: flaked coconut, raw cacao nibs, chopped nuts, cinnamon
- In your high-speed blender – I use a Vitamix for ultra creaminess – blend until smooth. Top with raw cacao nibs, flaked coconut and your favourite berries. I love topping mine with some edible flowers from Whole Foods!
- I buy my frozen cauliflower florets from Whole Foods, which comes steamed and then frozen for better taste, texture and digestion. To make the zucchini slices, cut them into 1/2 inch rounds, steam, let them cool, lay flat on a baking tray in the freezer for 2 hours and then transfer to a glass storage container to continue freezing.