This Chickpea & Kale Hash has been a staple for my lazy meals this month. I love the fact that it’s bursting with flavour and goodness, but only takes 15 minutes to throw together! This hash has a good amount of protein and fibre, which will keep you satisfied throughout the day. I also love adding a good quality curry powder and turmeric to it, to make this dish extra warming and comforting. Turmeric also has amazing anti-inflammatory benefits which help to reduce inflammation in the body. If you’re using canned chickpeas, I highly recommend using an organic brand, such as Eden Organic so that you are receiving good quality nutrients and not adding unwanted inflammation to the body. You can also soak and cook your own chickpeas too, which is even better!
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 of a yellow onion
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 handful of crimini mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 head of kale (green or red), washed and ripped until small pieces
- 1 can of organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- A pinch of turmeric, curry powder, black pepper and salt
- 1 tbsp of tahini
- Heat a pan on the stove and add the oil. Chop up the garlic and onion into small pieces and add these to it. Sauté lightly, until translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté lightly. After a few minutes, add the kale and the chickpeas. Add the spices and stir well. I recommend adding a lid on the pan to help steam the kale, but this is optional.
- Mix the tahini into the hash and serve warm! Pairs deliciously with toasted rye bread and coconut oil.