I present to you: a creamy, nutrient-packed sauce. Made with fresh basil, hemp seeds, olive oil and lots of garlic.
Creamy Hemp Basil Sauce
Not only is this sauce insanely delicious, but it’s also mega nourishing for your skin. To celebrate beauty food month at The Pure Life, I wanted to share with you one my favourite summer staple recipes!
- Try it on this salad
- Drizzle over roasted potatoes
- Or over zucchini noodles
This sauce is:
- Great for skin health: the basil packs some serious antioxidants which help repair skin damage for sun and toxins, the hemp seeds are loaded with Omega’s which are great for reducing inflammation in the skin and body, olive oil will help to give your skin and hair a natural healthy glow and also serves as a powerful antioxidant. Garlic is incredibly anti-viral and will help to kill bacteria on the skin.
- Versatile: I love using this sauce as a pasta sauce, by thinning out the dressing and pouring some over brown rice noodles, over quinoa or over zucchini noodles. Try using it as a dip for veggies or thin out even more for a salad dressing (it’s delicious massaged into kale!), or add a dollop on top of a bowl of soup.
- SO easy to make: I used fresh basil from my Lifespace Garden and it’s super fresh. Always.
- Delicious: It’s just plain tasty. Have I convinced you yet?
- 1/2 cup of hemp seeds
- 2 large handfuls of fresh basil
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- 1 large garlic clove or 2 small
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. raw liquid honey, optional
- 1/4 cup of water, plus more to thin (depending on use)
- Black pepper and Himalayan salt, to taste (about 1/4 tsp. each)
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until creamy and store in a glass mason jar for up to a week. Mix with pasta, thin out with water and pour over salads, eat with veggies, the options are endless!