This is my favourite recipe for a healthy and easy acai bowl! Acai bowls are perfect during hot Summer months and they make me feel like I’m on vacation. While this combination varies from the traditional Açai bowl from Brazil, this is a version I love and recommend to my clients.
Some notes for this recipe:
- I love using mixed berries – when eaten together, berries boost their antioxidant properties to help fight free radicals in the body
- Acai is a berry itself, packing in a ton of vitamin C, antioxidant properties and high in fibre. It’s a total superfood! I usually buy the Sambazon unsweetened one from the frozen section, or you can use a powdered version, like this one.
- This acai bowl combination helps to keep blood sugar balanced by adding healthy fats like almond butter and chia seeds.
- The toppings are the best part, don’t skip these. Trust me!
Easy Acai Bowl Recipe for AntioxidantsDifficulty: Easy
1 frozen banana
1 handful mixed frozen berries
1/2 block frozen unsweetened acai or 1 tbsp acai powder
1/2 cup coconut water or coconut milk
1 tbsp almond butter
2 tbsp chia seeds
Toppings: granola, shredded coconut, fresh berries, banana slices, almond butter, cacao nibs
- Add all of the ingredients to your blender. You might need a blender stick to really blend everything together, like ice cream. I use a Vitamix.
- If you need to, add a dash more liquid to thin it out until it has reach your desired consistency.
Top with the granola, coconut shreds, fresh fruit, cacao nibs and an almond butter drizzle for a delicious treat! Enjoy fresh.
If you enjoyed this recipe, make sure to check out my other smoothie recipes here. Smoothies are a wonderful way to enjoy an abundance of fruits and vegetables and pack in some extra healthy fats, clean protein or superfoods!